Pop-Up businesses provide unique ways to grow, test, and market.
BECKY MCCRAY of SMALL BIZ SURVIVAL, THE RURAL AND SMALL TOWN BUSINESS RESOURCE, explains what a Pop-Up Business is in the following post. I highly recommend you follow SmallBizSurvival too – it’s a wonderfully informative and friendly site!
A pop up business is just a temporary business. Different authors may add different qualifiers, but I like to keep things simple. A pop-up is a way to take advantage of fleeting opportunities, test whether an idea is workable and to learn from direct experience.
Pop-ups can be:
- Booths and stands at festivals
- Short-term stores for the holiday season
- Displays of items for sale inside another business
- Fireworks stands around holidays
- Vendors at the farmers market
- Sno-cone stands during the summer
Pop-ups may temporarily occupy a full-sized business space like a downtown building, may be located inside another business, or may be in a non-traditional space [ … read more]